Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad

Today would have been my dad's (Diana) 62nd birthday. Oh how I still have a whole in my heart where you should be. How I miss you and wish you could be here to watch Nico grow. To see Russell (Diana's brother) get married. To celebrate with us. To swing on the porch with us. Just to be with us.

Adoring this little girl so much is something I never really pictured myself doing ... sure I hoped to be a parent some day and knew I would love any child God blessed me with but Nico is truly something special. I love her more than words. She's amazing. She makes me smile each day and we will be doing our best to raise her for the Lord. I wonder how you felt when I was born. Your baby and your only girl. Did you fawn over me and care for me and play with me like Jason does with Nico? He's such a good daddy to her, I think you would have liked to see him with her too. What would you think of your baby having a baby?

But we're all ok. We're all healing. We're doing everything the fourth time around this year and that number is only going to get bigger. God gives us hope and strength. I am thankful for the 30 years I had you as my dad. You were a great dad and a great provider. I love you and miss you, Big Kahuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment