Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Graduation Weekend


This past weekend I was officially hooded and my doctoral degree was conferred at The University of Kansas. Jason, Nico, my mom, my brother Russell and his wife Renata were all able to be together for the weekend and attend all three ceremonies: the School of Education Convocation, the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, and the University Commencement. On Friday night before all the ceremonies started we had a little graduation open house at a friends home, which was so generous of them to host and made for a really nice evening to be able to chat with our Lawrence friends and "family." We had a great time together and here are a few pictures that highlight the trip. 










This ring with a green stone is the one I had made in memory of my father. I wore it all weekend and just hope that he was able to see us celebrate and know that I accomplished this goal.

Much love, Dr. Diana!





No comments:

Post a Comment