Saturday, July 14, 2012

Update Friday July 13

Update July 13

Finally home. 

After 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital, my Mom and I pulled into her apartment building around 10 pm tonight.  Finally home.  

Thank God for His healing hand.  For hearing our prayers.  For showing up and making His presence known, several specific times that we saw, and probably many times we did not see.  For a great team of doctors and nurses, in our particular our nurse practitioner on the thoracic team.  With whom we also shared the same faith and hope.  

Please continue to pray for
My Mom's full recovery, as she has some antibiotics, home care nurse to come to do an IV, etc.  
Rest and peace for my sister and I, that we relax and know Mom is in God's hands

I will send another update, in a few days, with what would be helpful for my Mom.  I know many of you are keen to send flowers, food, etc.  I am sure though that you also want to do what's best for my Mom.  Flowers are not best for her at this time (including because the cat eats them and gets sick) nor food (including because she is starting with purees and juices).  

She is also worn down and her job is to fight off any infection and the yeast in her system fully, so she is on strong antibiotics/ anti fungal and having visitors and being on the phone all day would not be helpful for her full healing.  Please give me a few days to write what would be helpful.  

Thank you for all of your prayers and all the other ways people have helped.  I will write a more thorough thank you in a bit, when I'm not exhausted.  

Regards

Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment