Friday, July 6, 2012

Update Thursday July 5

From my brother again.

Update July 5

Hi all, am writing this update from the hospital floor. It is amazing that anyone can sleep around here, with the beeping and coming in every two hours to check vitals or medicine or take blood or whatever. But this is all of course to make sure people improve, and are doing ok overnight.

Ent and thoracic surgery team now seem on the same page, that my moms throat appears to be healing by itself. The swallow test is expected early next week, definitely not this week. There is still some drainage in her neck so they know it's not fully healed, but for example the amount went down from 90 ml (I think ml) to 30 to 20. This is great, let's get it to zero. They want to treat it with non-surgical options ideally. Of course it needs to heal one way or the other, but non-surgical seems best if possible.

My mom continues to be really kind to the nurses and nurse assistants here, let us pray that is a witness to them about the love and calmness we can have as Christians in the midst of real difficulty.

Thank God for answered prayer that tonight is actually quieter than previously, so hopefully she will sleep well.
For my mom mentally doing much better, with coming off the morphine she has begun to think much more clearly.
For the chance for Diana, my mom and I to show our love for each other.
For friends showing their love for my mom and returning some of the encouragement she has so often given.
For health so far for Diana, nico and myself.

Please pray for
My moms throat to fully heal by Monday.
My mom to continue to fight off infection, and Gods hand to specifically move and remove any infection from her body.
My moms spirit to continue to improve along with her muscles and ability to walk around.

I would appreciate the following
Prayers as above
Videos of people saying hi I can play for her, wishing her well
A note to read her
Bible verses of God being in control and healing that i can read to her

Also, it would be good to have someone to visit her Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Please email me direct if you are able.
In addition, it has seemed to help her relax and sleep better to have someone in the room with her at night. If someone is able to stay with her Friday, Saturday, Sunday night (not all, just one per person of course), maybe even blow dry her hair (I heard today from our visitors how that was very nice as a woman, having that done) while here, that would be appreciated. For staying at night, it is not a fun experience and I'd bring a cd or book on tape you want to listen to...

Please email me direct at russellbjorkman@hotmail.com with anything you'd like me to share or if you're able to come down...

Thank you, lets keep praying as we are seeing God move so far

Russell

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment