Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Update Wednesday July 11

Update July 11

Thank you for all of your prayers and support.  I know that they have meant a great deal to my Mom and my sister and myself.  

Things continue to look good.  My Mom was on a liquid then soft food diet - much quicker than expected.  She is doing well.  
Was told no infection then yeast in her blood which is likely a result of the sugar/ bacteria from where they were putting high doses of sugar in through IV.  Her fever seems to actually be gone, which is great.  The yeast issue can be serious and even affect her eyesight, but it is something that can be treated outside of the hospital and which she should be able to fight off.  They have amended her antibiotics and anti fungal as well.  

Her mood is positive, though I'm sure she is so frustrated and anxious to get home.  First though, we will figure out a way to meet up with Diana and Jason and baby Nico before turning north to Vero Beach.  My Mom gets such great pleasure in being a grandmother.  

We have a positive mood and expectation of release on Friday, but no counting chickens before they are hatched around here, that's for sure.  I am sure people realize this, but her schedule and visitors will be extremely limited even when she is back in Vero, as she slowly rebuilds her strength in due course.  

Please pray for:
The yeast in her blood to be completely flushed out by her body/ God's hand to move to remove this completely from her blood
The doctors to have wisdom and check everything relevant before she is released
A full healing and release on Friday 
This healing and my Mom's attitude to be a witness to those in the hospital 

Thank you 

Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment