Monday, July 9, 2012

Update Monday July 9

Update July 9

Good news, but not out of the clear yet. She had the barium swallow test this morning, and passed it.  Praise God!  As I wrote earlier, I don't think the ENT doctors were expecting her to pass it, so praise God for that.  

The ENT doctors said that its good she has now started to drink sips of water - they will continue to monitor the neck drain - if the drainage increases, it is a sign there is still a tear the test did not pick up.  Also, she ran a fever from 101.5 to 102.7 today.  During the evening, it was 102.5- still high, but going in the right direction finally !  The nurses will give her some tylenol (the way you don't want to get it) and put some ice under her arms to make sure the fever doesn't get out of hand.  

In spite of God continuing to show up, maintaining a non-worrying state and complete faith remains a constant struggle.  Last night, I kept playing in my head the song "Healing Rain" by Michael W. Smith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTP-e40i5Tw and then I get an email from Luis here at the hotel (you may remember him from an earlier email) sharing some more of his faith, and sharing with me this exact same song.  

I was also encouraged by the words of my friend (Randall) years ago that sometimes you need to literally preach to yourself.  And by my best friend (Chris), that we are going to have these struggles- but we don't need to stay in that place of worry.  And a call tonight, out of the blue, from my Mom's friend saying that she has faith my Mom is going to be ok, that she will be healed.  

Praise God for:
My Mom passing the swallow test 
Her CT scan coming back ok (a small amount of liquid still in chest, but apparently not worrisome/ body may absorb it naturally over time)
Baby Nico staying healthy while here (they are now in the Keys)
God continuing to reveal himself to us 

Please pray for:
My Mom to be completely healthy and able to go home
God to move His mighty hand to completely remove any fever and infection from my Mom 
The esophagus to be fully healed and strengthened 

Also please note that especially with the fever, etc, my Mom is not taking any visitors.  If you want to come by, please email me directly at russellbjorkman@hotmail.com and I can let you know what the plans are first.  

Thank you 

Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment